Well friends we are at staging! If you can call it that- I mostly call it a stop over in Philadelphia. Not much to report just some general nonsense without many specifics. I think we were all more than disappointed when the markers and butcher paper came out. Instead of dialogue about what we would be doing in Zambia,what to expect and how to manage it, we got to perform 3rd grade skits and free form draw-your-feelings activities. "Draw your anxieties and your aspirations for Peace Corps" most of them revolved around anxieties with a few invariable themes- lions, bugs, snakes, disease, miscommunication and overall threats to life and success (and, of course, the animal threats were easiest to draw so they may have played an exaggerated role). Scott and I got little from the experience other than meeting our new Peace Corps class who seems to be a funny and fantastic group of people! I am supposed to be getting a quick 2 hour nap before we head by bus to JFK for our flight to Johannesburg but I feel compelled to at least establish this blog and rid my mind of these little pressing concerns. We will likely be able to update for a while so be looking for potential letters in the mail ;).
We love and miss you all without question! I want to thank those devoted souls who came in the absurd morning hours to see us off. It was a tearful and rushed goodbye- but perhaps saved us from some truly bitter tears. New experiences are exciting and invigorating but they come at a very great a price- the sacrifice of everyday interactions with our loved ones, colleagues and friends.
Keep us in your thoughts because you are already in ours,
Much Love from our last US stop,
Carrie and Scott
Miss you and love you guys! I don't think I gave you my mailing address, 3015 Colony Park Drive, good ol' Birmingham, AL 35243. Be safe! xoxo <3
ReplyDelete